Become a Knight
Are you looking for ways to serve your neighbor and your community? Are you looking to join a fraternity of like-minded Catholic men? If so then consider joining the Knights of Columbus. As a Knight you will find ways to strengthen your faith and will enjoy ample opportunities to participate and contribute to charity and the support of your local parish. You will also gain access to Knights of Columbus life insurance products to help protect your family and loved ones.
To become a Knight you must be at least 18 years of age, a Catholic in good standing with the Church, and follow the precepts of the church as defined in the Catholic Catechism of the Catholic Church (2041-2043):
- To keep holy the Lord's Day by attending Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation and to rest from servile labor.
- To confess your sins in the sacrament of Confession at least once a year during the Easter Season.
- To receive Holy Communion at least once a year during the Easter season.
- To observe the days of fast and abstinence according to the norms of the Church.
- To observe the marriage laws of the Church.
- To contribute to the needs of the Church.
- To join in the missionary spirit and apostolate of the Church.
You can join the Knights of Columbus using the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council website. During the sign up process you should be given the option choose a Parish/Council: St. John the Baptist Folsom CA Council.